Tuesday, September 29, 2009

michael mcdonald is the cure for what ails you

Michael McDonald, Mad Men and lala.com. These three things will make my Wednesday better tomorrow.

The evening at Brianne's pre-birthday celebration could not have been lovelier. The word delightful comes to mind, and i'm pretty sure i never use that word. Jamie and Hayley were kind, friendly and so funny and smart. It's so exciting to meet young women with these qualities. I found them both to be so inspiring. Hayley with her determination to reject the wedding industry anachronisms and Jaime's altogether amazingness. We could not have had a warmer welcome. It was especially poignant to hear the three friends talk about Brianne's mom. It gave me an even deeper dimension to my vision of Betsy. It was also cool to hear from Brianne that she reads and enjoys my blog and that it's comforting.

On the subway ride home i was absolutely flooded with thoughts that i knew i had to write down in here and it appears that i was just so overstimulated that i cannot remember a single thing right now. The first session of the writing workshop was great. I was so glad that a bunch of us cried in it. It made me feel comfortable and i'm really excited to grow in my writing as i grow through this period of my life. It's also so wonderful to have Alison and Sara in the class with me. The power of words is what i experienced tonight and i hope to learn to understand it better and to master it. I see it like the sword in the stone. I want to attain the magic and majesty of a perfect piece of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment