Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy birthday mom 2-13-41

I just got home from the cemetery. It was beautiful, it is a beautiful place. I hadn't been there since Mother's Day last year. Now i feel like i might go back more often because i actually felt a lot of peace and beauty there.
I wrote mom a birthday card/poem/love note. Roses are red, violets are blue and stuff like that. I bought her a single white rose and i taped the card to it, and i planted it in the snow along the bottom of the wall she's in. I listened to Mecano a bit while there.
I was so happy to find a florist shop in the area so i could buy the roses. I'm going to have a celebratory dinner with my friends tonight at Via Brasil, in honor of my mom's love of Brazilian culture and food.
I was really touched by something that happened on my way home. I was waiting at the M4 bus stop and an M5 stopped there but the M4 whizzed on by. I stood there, puzzled, about to get angry, i think i even pouted. Then the M5 bus driver honked her horn and asked me if i wanted to try to catch the M4. So i got on and she told me not to pay anything. I thanked her and she dropped me off at 145th because she knew the M4 had to stop there. I thanked her again and wished her a happy Valentine's day. I really felt like it was such a kind gesture, a random act of kindness, and i felt like my mom was watching out for me. Or, at least, that she was showing me that there are still good things and kind people in the world.

Mecano have so many beautiful love songs and sad songs but i like to think of my mom as the one having fun in this song:

No comments:

Post a Comment