Monday, January 11, 2010

When Jenna and i met last Monday to go see "A Single Man," she told me a story about going to the Apple store to get a new battery for her iPod recently(i think it was for a battery). The guy who helped her said it was just easier to give her a new (old) iPod instead of a new battery. So the guy apparently read from his computer screen that this iPod had been purchased in January 2006. He complimented her saying that this iPod was in good shape for being that old. Well, Jenna thought it silly of her, but she remembered that her mom had purchased it as her birthday present and also got her the gear in which to hold the iPod and keep it in such "good shape". She told me that she had to fight back the tears in the middle of the Apple store and she sort of felt that was silly, or maybe a disproportionate reaction to the situation. I told her i understood and that it wasn't a small deal. That's what our life will be like every day from now on. Memory triggers all around. Like Sara told me last night, they do live on in us and in our everyday lives as we remember them.

I just heard this song and, as has been my experience lately, i thought, my mom was alive when i first enjoyed this song. This song now represents my living mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment