Saturday, June 26, 2010

Yesterday i had a lot more energy despite having slept only about 3 hours, on and off.
I did have moments during the day when i felt sleepy and tired but then they would go away and i'd feel alert and even slightly hyper. I was more awake than i imagined i could be.
I did have a couple of cups of caffeinated tea but mostly green tea and other naturally caffeinated stuff from that new tea brand i bought. Maybe even the slight caffeine contributed to making me less sleepy.

I stayed at work with Erika until about 8:40 or so, or maybe closer to 9. Trying to finish refunds and transfers. I got home and ate a couple of waffles with Nutella. Drank tea. Took my Zycam. I've been battling this sore throat since about Tuesday, i felt super crappy when i saw Dr. H. It hurt so much on Wednesday and on Thursday my whole body ached and i felt awful. I spent the evening at tia's and the A/C in her room made me worse. I fell asleep for about an hour and woke up coughing, with painful congestion in my chest. I got up and made tea for tia and me, added lemon and honey and that helped a whole bunch. Since then i've been doing RC and Thieves on the soles of my feet and RC on my neck and chest, plus some vitamin C but i've actually been forgetting to take it.

So, anyway, i woke up this morning at around 7:35 and proceeded to get up. I was surprised. I think i went to bed at around 11:30 or 12. No idea actually. But i really thought that with all the sleep deprivation that i've had this week i would have slept really late. Last Saturday i woke up and went back to sleep and then woke up at 2:30pm. But i had also exhausted myself the night before from walking in not the best walking shoes.

It's 10:21 now. I'm about to eat the eggs and waffle i made for breakfast. I spent about a half hour organizing my months' worth of recyclables that i've never thrown out so that was good.

I'm actually astounded at the amount of energy and motivation i feel right now. Physically i'm a bit tired. But mentally it's different. I don't want to let myself waste the day. This hasn't happened in moooooooooonths.
Good sign.

Progress not perfection. Take things one step at a time. Celebrate the mini-triumphs, the small accomplishments.
My mom would want me to be happy but not just happy, to be successful and content and to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment